This will be a quick blog entry for me as it’s quite late now and I really need to get some sleep. Just want to let people know that I arrived home safely last Tuesday night, but since then I’ve felt very tired and like a zombie trying to get over the jet lag of flying from China to New York.

So, I’m back home and I have plenty of work to do with my photos. I shot 35 rolls of 220-size black & white film while away, and adding this to the film that I have yet to develop because of my broken fingers (the result of getting hit by a car in May), I think I now have over 100 rolls in need of developing. The earlier rolls of almost entirely photos of nudes – but, whatever the subject, I have a lot of work ahead of me (and I still need to finish filing away the negatives from my trip to Laos and Vietnam last year!).

Obviously, this will be a long slow process that will take several months, but I’ll be patient and try to go through it a little at a time. The last thing I want to do is get burned out in the process. As for the blog here, I hope to post a combination of images, both travel and nudes. I’ve got the BW film from Southeast Asia to organize and scan, and I’ve got color digital pictures from Tibet made with my new compact digital camera.

When I get to developing film, the nudes will be the first ones that I take care of (in chronological order) so I plan to scan examples from them as I go on. I’ve also been scanning older negatives – I just put together and ordered a 5x7 inch book of 100 of my nudes to use as a little traveling portfolio – so I’ll be posting work from those images, too.

I’ll start off by posting a nude and a Tibet photo now. The photo at the top was made at a workshop in upstate New York back in 2002. It was this girl’s first time doing figure modeling and she loved it, though sadly I never got to work with her again. I may try writing to her in case she has the same PO box she had five years ago. As for the photo itself, I just like the way that the gentle slope of her figure is portrayed along with the quality of her sking.

The photo of Tibet was made in front of the Potala Palace in the Tibetan capital city, Lhasa. A pilgrim family was dressed up in its finery for a visit to the palace where the Dalai Lamas once lived, and I composed the image to show the little boy in the family dwarfed by his elders.

Well, that’s it for now. Stay tuned for more.

Dave

Leave a Reply