Well, it’s here. An advance copy of Carrie Leigh’s NUDE magazine. The premiere issue. Volume 1, Number 1.

And a bunch of my photos are in it! (Can you tell that I’m happy about this???)

It has been several months since I received an e-mail (that was buried among the spam in my Bulk Mail folder, as I recall) from one of the editors of this new publication asking me if I’d like to contribute photos to the premiere issue. As the e-mail said, “Carrie and I are very impressed by your work and it fits into the style of her magazine….We would like to include you in the September issue.”

Well, I am always flattered when I receive comments like that, but I’m also wary of allowing my photos to be used in something that I really know nothing about. So, I called Gary, the editor, and spoke with him at length a number of times. He convinced me that their magazine was a legitimate effort dedicated to fine art, under the guidance of former Playboy cover girl turned art photographer Carrie Leigh, so I decided to go ahead and take part in the project.

Having the magazine now in front of me, I’m glad that I did. I can see that a lot of care went into its production. The pages are of heavy paper with a nice sheen and the images were printed using a quad tone (four color) process – something that’s not commonly used for magazines, from what I understand.

That’s the technical side of it, but of course that’s meaningless if the photographic art isn’t worthwhile – so I’m happy to report that the art work in this magazine is very fine, too. There are a number of pages devoted to me and my photography (and we all know how good that is…LOL) but there are similar contributions from a number of other fine photographers with varying styles. The one thing in common is that the subject matter is fine art nudes photographed in black & white.

I don’t want to write too much now as I think people should take a look at this magazine for themselves. The website for the magazine (http://www.carrieleigh.com/) lists the release date as September 14, though I’ve been told that some dealers may have it a little earlier. It will be available at Borders bookstores and newsstands (I believe) like Hudson News.

I'll just finish by saying that if you like fine art nudes - especially those in black & white - Carrie Leigh’s NUDE is something I think you'd enjoy seeing.

Leave a Reply