Things have been busy with me since my last posting on Saturday. The week began on Sunday with my undergoing some minor surgery. The procedure went well, but I’ve still got four different sets of stitches in me that I need to have removed next week. Considering how queasy I am with medical matters (I still need to do blood tests lying down, and I got dizzy, nearly passed out and had to be stretched out in the recovery room before they even laid a finger on me when I had my hernia surgery seven years ago), I think I held up pretty well.
********************************************************************************

Photographically, I’ve been trying to do some catching up. I hadn’t developed any film since early October and hadn’t filed away any negatives into pages for quite a while, either. I really hadn’t planned to do any this week, but I thought to myself, “Oh, what the heck. No more excuses!” and actually got some done. Sunday (during the Super Bowl), Monday and yesterday I spent time filing a total of 24 rolls of film from my trip to Laos and Cambodia last March. I should be done filing the remaining rolls from the trip before too long.

As for developing, I took care of the last three rolls of film from that trip to Southeast Asia and also the last three rolls of film from my photo session with Carly Champagne in my home studio back in April of last year. I look forward to scanning and posting them once the film has been properly filed. The next photos set for development are those from my sessions with Maria Eriksson in late April and Jessamyn in May.

So, I think that leaves me with 77 rolls to develop, but if I work at maximum capacity (about 15 rolls a week), I can be done before the end of next month – if I can get more of the developer I use, which the camera store was all out of when I visited this week. I guess I’ll have to keep my fingers crossed.
********************************************************************************

As some other bloggers have mentioned, French PHOTO has posted on its website the images that they selected as finalists for choosing which would actually be in the magazine. I sent in twelve images and I see that eight – count ‘em: eight – were chosen as finalists among the overall 310 or so finalists. (You can see them here.) That means that my photos accounted for over 2.5%, or 1/40, of the total. So, you’d think that one of my images would surely be in the magazine, right? Well, fat chance! I’ve been told that none at all made it into print. Zero. Zilch. Null. At this point I’m left to just scratch my head and ask “What does a guy have to do???”
********************************************************************************

I mentioned in my last posting that I’d be putting up some nudes this time, and so I have. I just scanned these three photos that I made in 2001 at the Great Sand Dunes National Monument (now, I believe, a national park) in southern Colorado.

Leave a Reply