This will have to be a short posting as I got home late tonight, got a couple of phone calls and now it’s past 11 pm. I’m only writing something now because I haven’t posted anything for a week.

I had wanted to develop another 18 rolls of film this past weekend (Sunday and Monday for me) but that didn’t quite happen. I wanted to take my car in for an oil change on Saturday, but the car wouldn’t start. I called AAA and eventually someone came to give me a jump, which got the car started okay. After letting the engine run for 15 minutes, I took the car out for a little drive on the highway, then stopped at a nearby auto supply store and got myself one of those plug-in emergency batteries that can be used to jump start cars or even be used as a portable AC source.

Still, I wanted to give the battery more of a charge, so on Sunday I drove to a friend who lives on Staten Island. I had developed three rolls of film before I left to go there, but got back too late to do any more. I took care of six rolls on Monday, for a total of nine for the weekend. I’d thought of doing six more last night but instead sat down and filed away eleven rolls or so into pages. I think I have about two dozen rolls left to develop – a small amount compared to the 100+ that I started with.

I also went to a couple of galleries this week. Tuesday night was the opening night for the Krappy Kamera Show at the Soho Photo Gallery, and tonight I went to Staley-Wise for the opening of its new show, “America the Beautiful.” On the way there I stopped in at another gallery to see an exhibit of LeRoy Neiman’s “Femlin” drawings – Femlin being the little nude figure in long black stockings who has graced the jokes page in Playboy for many years. (I never knew that Neiman created it.) I told the man at the desk that the drawings were both cute and quaint – and he said that a lot of people had made the same comment.

At the top is another photo of Tamara in southern Utah.

Leave a Reply