I had a photo session yesterday in my studio set-up with Muse. For my last photo session, with Erin, I used the new quartz light that I had recently purchased. Yesterday, I mostly used my two reflectors with umbrellas on both of them. This is the lighting set-up I used for my recently developed photos of Sibyl Nin from last November, and as the images on the film looked good, I thought I’d try it again.
Here are a few digital snapshots from yesterday’s session. The film images should look better.
*********************************************************************************

My friend Dave Levingston told me a few weeks ago about the website of Vietnamese photographer Thai Phien, that he himself had come across on the Art Nudes blog. I looked up Mr. Phien’s website and he does indeed do beautiful work of different varieties – art nudes, landscapes, people, etc.

I also looked up an English language interview with him posted on a Vietnamese website. You can see it by clicking here, and if you have a few minutes, I think you should read it. Titled “Painstaking Nude Photography," it’s not very long, and it will give you an insight into what attitudes are toward nude photography in that part of the world and what he’s had to go through to get some of his images.
********************************************************************************

I’ve been informed that Chris St. James, the force between the art nudes blog Univers d’Artistes, will be returning home shortly from his stay in the hospital. If you’re reading this, Chris, I wish you a speedy recovery and I hope that you’ll be feeling better.

Finally, a welcome to the latest Followers to the blog: Z, gRiMz and Adrian Popa.

Leave a Reply