Just a quick update here on my computer situation. It has not changed since last time, with the only thing working being internet access, and that subject to the windows disappearing without notice. I had regretted trying to reinstall Windows, as before I was still able to do more things despite the many problems, but at the end I had no web access and now I do, so it is better now in a way.

The only difference is that now I have decided to buy a new computer to replace this five year old one. It's just a matter of when, where and (naturally) how much.

Now something new to report: another piece of electronic gear has decided to head south. This time it's my 4 GB MP3 player. I charged it up a couple of days ago, and since the battery had been pretty well depleted, I let it charge for about a day. When I unplugged it, the initial screen came up on the unit but I couldn't get past it. Eventually, when I unplugged it, the whole thing was dead. I don't think it's just the battery that's fried, though, as when I plug in the A/C connection, I get the initial screen but cannot get past it.

I had been thinking of upgrading to an iPod Touch to have greater capacity and wi-fi access to the web when I'm traveling (plus other stuff), but I had considered putting it off until next year due to my unexpected expenses now. It looks like I'll have to get one this year now.

Finally, to add insult to injury, I slipped on some ice here in New York this afternoon and came down hard on my left hip, elbow and shoulder. Just what I needed (but is that more like "adding injury to insult"?). At least I've got an interesting weekend and next week planned, so hopefully things will get better.

Stay warm, everyone.

Leave a Reply