I've started printing photos again recently, and while I plan to continue printing nudes, I really want to get started printing a lot of my travel photos. Before I stopped printing regularly in 2003, I had printed mostly nudes with some occasional photos of Europe thrown into the mix.

However, I started travelling to Asia regularly in 2004, so all of those photos are pretty much waiting to be printed. Here's one that I like that I want to print.

I made this image in the mountainous town of Matsumoto in Japan. I went there on a day trip, and what a difference a few hours can make. Tokyo is a huge metropolis of concrete and steel, but going just a few hours by train took me a quiet town of cool, fresh mountain air.

The main reason I went was to see the beautiful castle there, but there are many beautiful temples, as well, and I took this photo of a garden with a curvy pavement there. When I look at it, the paved section almost looks like the shape of a nude woman, with the curve of her hip in the foreground and the outline of her shoulder beyond.

I'll let you know when I've printed it - but who knows when that will be.

Leave a Reply