I guess I’m not the only person in this world who from time to time just scratches his head in disbelief and astonishment. One such occurrence happened yesterday.

My blog here is linked to Stat Counter, a service that tells me how many visitors the site has had, where these visitors are located, which sites they linked from, etc. As I looked down the list of sites where people had linked from, I saw that it was fairly normal. Most people had come from art nude listing blogs or from other photographers’ blogs.

A certain amount, though, come to visit the blog from search engines. These people are usually conducting searches for ‘art nudes’ (or something similar) or on the names of models (Kerie Hart has been popular lately, for some reason). However, as I went down the list, I saw one search engine link that really had me puzzled. What sites were being sought???

Someone had typed in a search for ‘photos of women wiping their ass.’ Yes, I kid you not, someone was actually looking for that. My first thought, of course, was “Why??? Can’t they think of anything better to look for?” Next, my second thought was, “Why did they link to my site? I certainly have never taken or posted any photos like that.”

Well, you know those movies or TV shows where they record people saying all kinds of things and then splice them together to sound totally different? It would seem that search engines work the same way. Here’s how it found me and my blog:

· ... cameras up to their eyes without thinking of how to make their photos ... the force that keeps a photographer sitting on his/her ass ... side wiper must have been warped, as it wasn’t properly wiping ...

So, take part of a comment about people photographing Big Ben in London, something I’d written about the will to go out and photograph, then part of the story of my wintertime drive up to Montreal in 2004, put them all together and voila! – you’ve got people thinking that you’ve got photos of women wiping their asses.

I suppose I might have been a little disappointed that my site would attract such viewers who are not interested in art, but just imagine the disappointment those people felt when they saw a bunch of photos of nude girls, fully expectant of the images in store for them, only to find that everything was on the up and up!

As for the photo, here’s an image of Carlotta in a somewhat precarious position – though not as compromising a position, apparently, as what some folks would like to have seen her in.

Leave a Reply