Hi, everyone.

It’s been a busy weekend. I went out Saturday morning to finally get an oil change for my car, then stopped off at the supermarket on the way home to get some groceries. I’d planned to do some laundry, too, but I just didn’t feel like it, so I ended up watching some Star Trek episodes on DVD.

I’d actually hoped to do the wash today, but that didn’t happen, either, as I spent much of today and yesterday developing 10 of the remaining 15 rolls of film that I’ve had. (I think I have enough clean clothes left until I can try doing laundry again next weekend.) Yesterday I took care of five rolls of film from Tibet and today I finished off the five rolls of 35mm infrared film that I shot at the workshop on Prince Edward Island in August 2006. I think I got good results from both places (and I have only five more rolls left out of a starting total of 105 or so!)

Of course, as I think I’ve said before, developing the film is only half the job, as I’ve still got to take the time (and a lot of it) to file and annotate all of these negatives. Hopefully some day some of the photos I developed this weekend will be seen here – but before that can happen I need to buy a new scanner, which I have not done yet. I do plan to make some phone calls and come to a decision this week (and order one, too!).

The photo here, by the way, was made at a workshop in southern Colorado in September 2001. My camera was on a tripod, fitted with a wide angle lens, and I asked one model to stretch out on the little sofa thingy while I asked the other one to sit in front of the mirror. I think the image works, with both girls together in the room but each one seemingly lost in her own world.
***********************************************

The other thing I did this weekend was to watch the New York Giants defeat the Green Bay Packers in the NFL football playoff game yesterday. I’m a fan of both the Giants and the Miami Dolphins, and while Miami had a horrible season (I think they won only one game), the Giants played decently enough to get into the playoffs as a wild card.

Since then, they’ve been the underdog for all three playoff games and have won all three. Now it’s on to the Super Bowl against the undefeated and heavily favored New England Patriots. The Pats will likely be the winner, but the Giants came oh so close to beating them in the final game of the season. Coming off of these three playoff wins, the Giants do have a chance if they continue to play well and not make too many mistakes. A Giants’ victory would rank as one of the greatest upsets in sports history, and I’m not saying it’ll happen – but it sure could!
*************************************************

Finally, here’s a follow-up to my posting about Presidential hopeful Rudy Giuliani: http://www.nytimes.com/2008/01/22/us/politics/22giuliani.html?_r=1&hp&oref=slogin . It’s a New York Times story about how he used the city government to retaliate against people who criticized him as mayor – and how it cost the city and its taxpayers at least $7 million to settle law suits filed by those who’d been wronged by him. (I guess you won’t be hearing about this from his campaign, either.)

Leave a Reply