I just finished watching the Democratic debate on CNN (nice to see some civility there and some hope for the party, after all), so I thought I’d take a few minutes to make a posting before it gets too late.

The last week has been one of progress for me on the photographic front. The big news is that I finally finished developing my huge backlog of about 105 rolls of film (most of it medium format). What began back in September of last year ended this past weekend. These were actually all of the rolls of film that I shot this year – a weekend visit to Ohio in April, a week in Ohio and California in July and, lastly though certainly not least, my trip to Tibet in August.

Of course, it doesn’t end there as I still need to file those negatives into pages and annotate those pages properly. Before I can do that, I’ve got to finish doing the same for the film of my trip to Vietnam in 2006! (Yes, I’ve been lax in that regard.) So, there’s still a lot of work to be done before I can finally be caught up with things.

On another subject, it looks now like I may be able to get away without having to buy a new camera bag. I think I’ve solved the problem of the broken shoulder strap by using some hardware items to reconnect the strap to the bag. The next step is the get the torn parts of the bag repaired, which people tell me that a shoemaker should be able to do – so, I am hopeful.

The other thing that I’ve felt like doing is to help out Chris St. James in maintaining his blog, Univers d’Artistes . Chris has unfortunately been undergoing medical treatments for a serious condition and has not been aable to update his blog. As he had designated me as a Contributing Editor with the ability to update the site myself, I thought I’d take the initiative to keep the site going and made a posting last Sunday. Lin and Richard (of fluffytek.com) have recently sent me a story and photos to use and I was glad to see that Iris Dassault posted something today. More importantly, I just hope that Chris will get better very soon and I wish him a speedy recovery.

The photos I’m posting tonight were made in 2001 at a workshop in Colorado. These are scans of 8 x10 inch RC prints that I printed several years ago. I’m still scanning prints as I have not yet ordered a new scanner (just a lot of things to take care of here lately), but I do hope to finally take care of that over the next few days.

And on that subject, I will wish all of you, faithful readers, a happy and a pleasant weekend.

Leave a Reply