M__

It’s late now on Thursday night, so tonight’s posting will be a bit of a quicky.

The three photos I’m putting up now are images I made of the beautiful M__ on the beach at Malibu last summer. I scanned them last night. The way I usually work is to get a model set up in a good spot and then do variations of poses in that spot. Often I’ll just choose one to print or post – the one that I think is the best of the bunch – but on this occasion I decided to scan three and post all of them.

I’ve been communicating with M__ lately and she’s hoping to visit New York sometime toward the end of April. I’m hoping I’ll be able to work with her again at that time.
**********************

Otherwise, I’ve been thinking about how to best get my negatives organized here. I keep them in loose leaf binder boxes, but I really don’t have a good filing system. When I want to look for the film for a particular photo shoot, I have to go through the randomly arranged boxes and hope to find what I’m looking for.

I began a few years ago to organize things by putting a label on the side of each box listing the numbers of the pages contained within plus brief descriptions of the subject matter. Sadly, I never kept up with it – and the fact that my eyes can no longer read anything that small at that distance certainly does not help matters!

What I need to do now is to sit down and go through all of the boxes, assigning a number to each box and making note of the contents and the dates of the photos. I’ll have to keep a written record of this to consult, of course, and label the boxes with those numbers and probably the contents, too.



It’ll be a bit of work to do, but in the end, it should make looking for something – and finding it! – a lot easier.

Leave a Reply