I had planned this weekend to finally get to work once again filing negatives from my trip to Tibet, but that hasn’t happened. My back went out on me last Thursday as it does from time to time, and as it’s still hurting, I really didn’t feel like being hunched over a table filing negatives and annotating pages for several hours, which is what I’d had in mind. (Someone at my office noted on Friday that from the way I was walking, it looked like I’d just gotten off of a horse.)

So, I decided to go back into the negative archives and scan some more images from my photo session with Carlotta Champagne out in the Nevada desert a couple of years ago. It’ll likely be some time until the film from my studio session with her last month will be developed, so I thought I’d post these “oldies” here today.

Actually, my bad back is just the latest in a series of things that have been bothering me over the past month and a half. Thankfully, though, it looks like the other problems will be resolved before too long. I went for an endoscopy yesterday (it’s strange seeing photos of your own stomach, etc.) and the doctor says that what’s been ailing me is nothing to really worry about. I’m someone who has a history of suffering of from anxiety over medical procedures, and while I felt a bit nervous, it was nothing overwhelming and the whole thing was reasonably painless.

So, I’m hoping that once that’s taken care of and my back returns to normal (and it is getting slowly better, as it usually does when this happens), I’ll be able to get around a bit more and do more things.

I actually had a photo shoot planned for outdoors today with a model named Stephanie Anne, but as it’s rainy, windy and chilly, we decided to opt for a postponement. I supposed it’s just as well, given how I’ve been feeling. If the weather were good I would have gone ahead with the shoot, but perhaps it’s just as well that I’ll have time for my back to get better before dragging my camera gear around again.

This blog entry is also something of a milestone. While it is not my 100th blog posting overall, it is the 100th entry that I’ve written from home (not counting the ones I’ve done while on my travels). I always write up my postings first in MS Word and save them numerically, so that’s how I know that this is number 100. Let’s see how many more I can do over the coming years.

Leave a Reply