It’s been a while – more than a week - since I’ve posted anything here. The visit of my family is keeping me pretty busy and limiting my time here online, so I thought I’d better find some time to make an update least people begin to write me off.

Photographically, I haven’t had the chance to develop or scan any film this past week. I did manage to get to the Swann Galleries in Manhattan to see the preview for their photo auction. I actually own a copy of a print that was on display and up for auction – a photo of two nude models underwater by the fashion photographer Patrick Demarchelier – but the auction photo is signed by the photographer and I’m not sure that mine is (I bought it relatively cheaply at a benefit sale several years ago), and an unsigned print is not as valuable as a signed one. Still, both look just as good hanging on a wall.

The annual photo equipment show at the Javits Center here in New York – PhotoPlus – begins tomorrow and runs through Saturday. I’m planning to go the last day. The show is smaller than it used to be, and most of the stuff on display pertains to digital imaging, which really has no interest for me. Still, it is a chance to see people I know but don’t get to see too often, such as the staff at the Santa Fe Workshops, so I am looking forward to it. Saturday is also the last day to see the current exhibit at the Staley-Wise gallery in Soho – an exhibition of work by the aforementioned Mr. Demarchelier – so I’ll try to get to that, too, as part of the “get-off-my-ass” project.

Even though I have a great deal of film to develop, I am corresponding with a model here in Brooklyn to set up a shoot for next month, so I am trying to keep shooting. As it’s too cold to work outdoors, I’ll probably work in my home studio, but I may try a different lighting set-up than the last few times.

Finally, today’s photo is of Kat, made at Muir Woods during my trip to San Francisco and its surrounding in July.

Leave a Reply