Just a brief posting from me tonight. I don’t want to go another full week without a post, and I’ve got neither much to report nor the time to write much. I haven’t done much photographically since my last time of writing. Just trying to clean up around here and catch up on things that have been piling up.

I’ve got a busy weekend planned, and then on Tuesday I’ll be going to the Friends Without a Border benefit auction in Manhattan. FWOB is an organization that created and maintains a hospital for children in Cambodia. It was begun by the photographer Kenro Izu, and the auction is a main source of funding for it. I bought an inexpensive print at its first auction in 1997, and then a more expensive one a few years later.

Will I get anything this year? Most of the prints are out of my price range, but there are a few that I like that are more reasonable, and with people cutting back on spending due to the economy, that may keep prices down. Of course, what may be good for me will be bad for raising money for the hospital, so I’ll just see what happens without wishing for too much of a bargain.
************************************************************************

The photo at the top was made at a workshop in Woodstock, New York, a couple of years ago. I’m not sure if I posted it before. After more than a year and a half of blogging I really can’t remember what I’ve posted any more.

Leave a Reply