As I wrote in my last posting, I took down all my nude images from my Deviant Art profile. I left my travel images up, basically because there were a handful of people who actually seem to like them. How many?

Well, I posted a photo from my 2005 trip to Japan about five days ago. The photo (above) was made in the town of Nikko, a very lovely place that houses the Toshogu Shrine – the burial place of Tokugawa Ieyasu, the founder of the great family of Tokugawa shoguns. As I was walking uphill toward the shrine on a wide stone pathway, I espied a leaf with several blades standing up alone, and I decided to frame it in front of an out-of-focus temple in the background. It’s a quiet image and I like it.

Anyway, after five days on Deviant Art, I see that a total of 17 people have viewed the image. Three people have listed it as a Favorite.

Maybe people did mostly visit my DA page just for the T & A, after all.


Photographically, I haven’t too much in the past few days. The biggest thing is that I went to B&H and bought a new box of photo paper. The Forte paper that I had been using is no longer being made, so I decided to go with Oriental Seagull, which I’ve been told is a good paper, too. I’ll have to learn to use it as it’s new to me, but after three years out of the darkroom I may have had to re-learn how to use the old paper, too. I hope to begin using it soon.

Otherwise, I filed away about a dozen rolls of film, all from my trip to California last September. I still have film from that trip to develop, which I will hopefully take care of next month. I've already got a photo session arranged for next month with a model from California, and just heard back from a Canadian model I've worked with who may be in town later this year, so I need to get moving on taking care of the older stuff.

I went to see a baseball game today. I hadn’t planned it this way, but it works out: the last baseball game I’d seen was in May 2005 in Hiroshima, Japan – on the same trip on which I made the Nikko leaf photo.

Today’s game was much closer to home, right here in New York at the Mets’ new ballpark, Citi Field. It’s a nice stadium, smaller and somewhat more intimate than the Mets’ old place, Shea Stadium. The food was way overpriced as expected, but I guess it’s that way at every stadium these days.

As for the game, it was a bit unusual. The Mets’ starting pitcher got shelled and didn’t make it through the first inning. The opposing starter was the Mets’ former ace - a very popular player – and he got a loud ovation from the fans. The most unusual thing, though, was that it’s not every day that you can see an inside-the-park home run AND a game-ending, unassisted triple play in one game!
Finally, a thank you to ellarose1923, who is the latest Follower to sign on to my blog here. I appreciate your interest, Ella, and I hope you'll enjoy your visits.

Leave a Reply