Sorry for the delay in writing, everyone. I'm afraid that things have piled up around here so I've been busy trying to get out from under. There was also a death in my family recently that has required me to divert much of my attention to family matters.

Today's entry is a quickie, but an important one. Next Tuesday, December 7, Friends Without a Border will hold its annual photography auction in New York. The proceeds go to support a hospital for children in Siem Reap, near the famous ruins of Angkor, in Cambodia. This is a cause I have supported over the years by purchasing a number of photos from the auction, and I'm pleased to announce that one of my own photographs will be auctioned this year as part of the fundraiser.

My photo included is the one shown here, "Archer in Competition, Nikko, Japan, 2005." This photo was also on the cover of the first volume of books published by the f-eleven group, and the purchase of my photo also includes a copy of that book, too.

To find out more about the auction and to register to bid, please click here. This is a very worthy cause and I hope readers will consider contributing. My photo can be seen here, in the fourth row, second from the right.

Leave a Reply