So here we are on December 31 – the final day of the year. It’s been a long one, certainly, with its share of ups and downs. I normally like to finish the year with a post looking over the past 12 months, but with a lot of stuff going on lately – like dealing with snowstorms and working overtime – I just haven’t been able to put together an overview yet.

Instead, I’m going to end the year with something simple: warm thoughts for all of my readers. Thank you all for taking the time to read my ramblings and look at my photos. I hope you enjoy them and will keep coming back.

On a more direct note, there’s another reason for warm thoughts at this time. Here in the northeast and in other parts of the U.S., we’ve been deluged with tons and tons of snow. My last blog post included a photo of a model photographed in Ohio earlier in the year – and last winter – in the snow.

To remind people that all of this cold stuff is temporary and that warm weather will (eventually) return, today I’m posting another photo of a model, Revielle, in Ohio – only this one was made half a year after the last one. Warmth had returned, after all, and there was no snow to be seen anywhere.

So, let’s just deal with the cold as best as we can and wait for warmer days. Just be patient and they’ll get here.

As for my own story, I was able to finally get to work on Wednesday, though I had to take a bus to another subway line as the one near me was still out of service. It’s back to normal now, though.
On the down side, it looks like I won’t be able to use my car for a while. All of the snow that had been on it is gone, but there’s a huge pile of snow directly behind it that’s too big for me to shovel away (and there’s no place to really dump it if I could), so there’s no way that I can back my car out of its parking spot in the lot.

I normally don’t use my car much in the winter, but I’m planning to go over to a friend on Long Island for his holiday party tomorrow. Hopefully I’ll be able to take the railroad there instead.

For now, I wish you all a happy and healthy new year! See you again in 2011.
*********************************************************************************
As I wrote last time, I'm in the process of switching over my blog to Wordpress, as that blogging site doesn't put up a content warning page for people to get by before seeing my posts. I'll be doing parallel posts for a while until I can get things there finalized, so for now, please take a look at my new post over there and let me know what you think of how it looks. See it at:

http://figuresofgrace.wordpress.com/2010/12/31/warm-thoughts/

Thanks again.

Leave a Reply