I normally try to make entries on the blog here about twice a week. If you’ve been checking lately, you’ll know that I haven’t posted anything for a week – so I’m behind schedule.

Well, as the saying goes, there are only 24 hours in a day and one can only do so much. I’ve not been derelict, though. Instead of making an entry a few days ago, I’ve been busy getting my backlog of film developed (I think I’m down to only 54 rolls left) and then filing away the negatives and annotating the pages. Then, if I have the time, I try to scan some of those new photos so I can share them with the world here.

Today was a busy and productive day. I think I filed nearly a dozen rolls of recently developed film. Some people at work have been clamoring for me to put up my latest travel photos around my desk, so today I printed about ten digicam photos from Tibet on my inkjet printer here. I went out to vote and then did some shopping. I came back and finally e-mailed a dozen photos to the French magazine PHOTO for its annual contest issue. And I just finished watching a DVD of a great film, In The Line of Fire, starring Clint Eastwood, John Malkovich and Rene Russo. (If you haven’t seen it, see it.)

Oh, yeah. A couple of those twelve photos that I sent to the magazine were images I scanned today after I got back from shopping. I’m posting those two with a couple of others I scanned today, as well. All of the photos were made at a farm in Ohio during my July visit to my friend Dave Levingston. The models in all of the photos are Sarah Ellis and Vassanta.

I had arranged to work with Sarah that day well in advance along with another girl, but unfortunately that model was forced to cancel, so I was fortunate that Vassanta was able to join us on such short notice. It was still a difficult day for me as the sun was very bright and high that day and I did not have much even light to work with. Still, I’d like to think that I made enough decent images to make the outing worthwhile.

As for the French magazine, I’ll probably need to wait until early February to find out if the editors decide to print an image this time around. I think the contest issue (Jan/Feb) is released in France in late December, but it normally doesn’t reach the newsstands here in North America until about a week into February – and they don’t notify you if one of your images is in it. My photos have made it five of the last nine years (including this year), so let’s see if I can make it two in a row.

That’s it for now. The day is not quite over and I still have some bills to pay…….

Leave a Reply