It’s been a few weeks since I posted any nudes here, having devoted the space here during the past few weeks to my recent trip to Southeast Asia. I will continue with that later.

For now, it’s back to nudes. As always, the question is, “What should I post?” Lately it’s been mostly recent photographs, but today I decided to try something different. I went into the closet, pulled out a binder box holding about a hundred pages with negatives, and decided to scan a couple of frames to post here.

The resulting scans are the two watery images you see here. I made these images at a workshop in upstate New York in 1998. It’s hard to believe that I’ve been photographing nudes so long that these photos are now nearly ten years old – and I’d been photographing nudes for three years when I pressed the shutter release for these.

Actually, I have been thinking about my old negatives lately. I’ve been thinking of putting together a book project that will be something of a retrospective of my nude photography ‘career,’ and in order to do that I’ll have to go through all of the pages with nude photos that I’ve accumulated. Perhaps this is a first step toward that end.

Leave a Reply