I returned home safely from my trip to Laos and Cambodia late Saturday night. Thankfully, everything on the trip and the flights went pretty well, though I did return home with a bad back (from sitting too long on the plane?) and a bad stomach (from who knows what). Thankfully these things didn’t effect me while I was away, and luckily I’ve had two days off to recover before returning to work tomorrow.

Overall, I shot 36 rolls of BW film on the trip, but it’ll be a while until I can get the film developed, organized and scanned. As it is, I still have 25 rolls of film from Tibet to organize and scan (and I do feel very badly about what’s going on over there now).

As it’ll be awhile until I can post any of my BW photos, I’ve decided to post a series of photos made with my pocket Canon digital camera. These are higher resolution photos that I was unable to post while I was away as the file sizes are too large to upload without being edited down first (which I can do here but not on the road).

So, here we go. Highlights of my trip to Laos:

1. The sun on the horizon as seen from my flight to Hong Kong (above).

2. The dog ‘driving’ the motorbike that I mentioned on my first posting from Vientiane.

3. Some kids on the street in Vientiane.

4. A beautiful young woman who runs a fabric shop in Vang Vieng. I purchased something from her store.

5. Some seriously cute kids at a minority village we stopped at on the road north.

6. An elderly woman with a wonderful face, also in an ethnic minority village.

7. Palm trees at Wat Visunalat in Luang Prabang.

8. Monks in Luang Prabang doing their early morning rounds of collecting food donations from people – the food that they’ll eat during the day.

9. Kids at a ‘village book party’ – part of a book donation program by an organization called Big Brother Mouse.

10. An adorable face at another minority village.

11. I guess they wanted to make sure people knew where the bombs came from.

12. Glamming it up at the Plain of Jars (a place I wrote about previously).

13. Culture clash: sarong by Laos, socks by Adidas.

14. Detail of a young monks attire in Vientiane – orange robe, yellow sash, blue shoulder bag.

15. Hmong women who run a shop at the market in Vientiane.

16. Boarding the early morning Lao Airlines flight to Cambodia.

Yeah, maybe I should have split this posting of photos into two parts, but what the heck – here they are. The truth be told, I had actually planned to post photos from Cambodia today, too! Those other photos will wait for another day.

And for those of you hoping to see photos of naked women, I’ll try to post some of those here next time. Stay tuned.

Leave a Reply