I returned home yesterday evening following my trip to Fort Collins, Colorado, to attend the reception for the Artful Nude photo exhibition (that includes two of my photos) at the Center for Fine Art Photography on Friday night. I was also one of the participants in the photo workshop with Kim Weston (Edward’s grandson) that was held Saturday and Sunday.

Overall, I had a very enjoyable time. It felt good to see two of my photos on the wall (see above) with a lot of other good images and to hear what people thought about my work. Of course, it was also good to just talk about photography in general with many of the people there.

The workshop had about ten participants with four models. Most of the photography took place indoors in the house outside of Fort Collins that had a lot of interesting spots. The house is the home of a local artist and his wife and at the end of the workshop, he thanked everybody for pointing out to him good spots for his own photography that he’d never considered before.

One of the other participants told me that he was familiar with my work, having seen it online, and that he was happy to see some of my actual prints. Overall, everyone get along pretty well and I think all were satisfied at the end of the weekend. I went through 14 rolls of 220 film and I think I got some good images (the digital snapshots here are a hint of that), but of course I won’t know for certain until the film is developed.

Fort Collins itself is also a very pretty and pleasant town, which added to my enjoyment of the weekend. I’ll have to see if I can get more of my work exhibited there.

Leave a Reply