I was thinking of posting some of my travel images this time but I’ve decided instead to go with a few more nudes. I really don’t have much to write in regard to nudes right now. I am trying to set up some photo sessions for the upcoming summer, but I’ve still been unable to develop any of the film that I shot in Ohio last month.

I also need to develop a few more rolls from Prince Edward Island and Maine that I shot back in August. Yeah, it has been a long time. Part of the reason why I haven’t finished it off is that my foot was hurting from my foot surgery in October, but part is also just a lack of concentration – which may be another way of saying laziness. Whatever it is, most of my PEI was film was developed up there, but I need to develop everything in order to get them organized and annotated before I can begin scanning them.

The photos I’m posting here were made at a weekend workshop at Big Sur in California in the spring of 2004. I used Kodak’s HIE 35mm infrared film for all of them. The models are Leila Swan (blonde) and Amoreena (brunette). You may think that the weather was warm, but in fact it was rather chilly. I had photographed nudes at Big Sur several times before but I haven’t been back since. Perhaps one day I will. It’s worth visiting the area if only to see the great aquarium at Monterey again.

I’ve also been looking at different alternatives for my summer travel plans. I’ve got a particular trip to Tibet in mind, but as not enough people have signed up for it as yet, I’m considering a journey to Mongolia as a possible backup. (I read recently that Genghis Khan’s real name was Temujin, something I’d wondered about for a while – Genghis Khan being a title meaning something like ‘great king.’ The Mongolians, by the way, call him ‘Chinggis Khaan.’)

Leave a Reply