My last blog entry was made Sunday evening from Ohio, where I’d gone to meet my friend Dave Levingston and to photograph some of the beautiful models out there. By Sunday night I’d been photographing for two days – Sarah Ellis and Model Sarah on Saturday, followed by Jackeller, Nemesis and Gaea on Sunday - but I still had a Monday morning photo session with Jacqueline Chantelle coming up.

I’d gotten the feeling from our correspondence on Model Mayhem that Jackie was a lively kind of girl, and so she was in person. The photo session went by pretty well, aided by the use of a large mirror laid down on the floor (that seemed to give Jackie a feeling of vertigo for a few seconds) and an old wolf mask that I had asked Jackie to bring along. (See the top two photos here, including yours truly with her in the second. My thanks to Dave L for the photo.)

I’m also posting here some other photos from the weekend made with my little pocket digital camera: two photos of the lovely Sarah Ellis plus one of her with Model Sarah (Saturday); and Dave L photographing Jackeller and Nemesis with a pinhole lens on World Pinhole Day (Sunday).

Overall, my long weekend in Ohio was very enjoyable and, I think, successful. One can’t ask for more than visiting a good friend (thanks again for everything, Dave) and photographing half a dozen beautiful women.

My only problem was getting there and back. This was the first time I’d flown with Jet Blue and I was disappointed, to say the least. The flights were operated by Jet Express as the regular aircraft was in for maintenance. I don’t know if this had anything to do with it, but the outgoing flight was delayed by about three hours and the return by nearly two and a half. Delays are sometimes unavoidable, but what can be avoided is the way that correct, up-to-date information was unavailable. Several hours into the Friday night delay, the Jet Blue website still listed the flight as being on time! Telephone information via the automated system was unavailable, too – and the boarding gate wasn’t listed on the board even with only 20 minutes left to the initial flight time.

On the way back, after I landed in New York, the information board didn’t list which carousel our luggage would be on. I only found it because I took a long stroll down to the other end of the baggage claim area and saw my bag on the conveyor belt. If not for that, who knows how long I’d have been waiting.

Still, I shouldn’t let such aggravating things spoil an otherwise fine weekend. I’m even thinking of going back in the summer!

Leave a Reply