I spent my working time this week taking a class. Although much of the material does not really deal with what I do on the job, I still need to pass the test given earlier today to keep my job that I’ve had for twenty years. (And today is Friday the 13th, no less!) Anyway, I think I did pretty well on it, so hopefully I’ll remain employed and earning money that I can use to buy film, go on trips to interesting places and, of course, hire beautiful models to get naked for me (or, at the very least, for my camera).

I’ve got some trips coming up, so besides studying to keep my job I’ve had other things to take care of. I still haven’t had time to read through the manual for the new Canon A570IS compact digital camera that I just bought, but maybe I’ll take the camera out for a spin this weekend.

I’m also still unable to develop the film that I shot of half a dozen models in Ohio back in April, so when I return from my upcoming trips I will have a tremendous amount of film to have to deal with. Oh, well.

As I’ve gotten a new compact digital camera, here are some photos I made with my first digital camera – an Olympus D550. That camera used four AA batteries and worked with Smart Media cards. The ones that I used had a capacity of 128 Mb. (I just bought a couple of 4 Gb cards for the new Canon, which uses two AA’s.) The two photos show a total of four Rhowena’s. Each one is a composite of two photos that I made with the intention of stitching together to test out some stitching software. (Now if only I had the twin to photograph now that the original has retired from modeling………..) Both of these photos were made in the Nevada desert south of Las Vegas late one afternoon in the spring of 2003. I actually made an in-camera double exposure of Rhowena earlier that year in upstate New York (see my last posting) with my big Pentax film camera that I’ve printed as an 11 x 14. I’ll try to post it here some time.

Have a good weekend, all.

Leave a Reply